Brgy. Chanarian, Tukon
Basco, Batanes 3900
Fundacion Pacita Batanes’ location is a 15-minute drive from Basco Airport. Sitting atop lush hills, the hotel lends a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean, the West Philippine Sea, and Batanes’ famous landscape. In the north part of the hotel is a town of Tukon located nearby where you will also see houses by the Basco Radar Station.
With Basco as the capital of Batanes and the smallest province in the Philippines, gives some of the best panoramas and heritage structures. In one of the many islands, their size is 219 square kilometers and its location is highly prone to storms.
Places of interest near our Batanes hotel include:
- Yaru Nu Artes Ivatan – a cooperative art gallery located at the heart of Basco and is a 15-minute drive from Tukon.
- San Carlos Borromeo Church – located in Mahatao. This church is listed as a National Cultural Treasure by the National Commission on Culture and the Arts (NCCA) because of its cultural significance and architecture. It was built during the 19th century and is the oldest and smallest lighthouse in Basco.
- House of Dakay – found in the town of Ivana. It is believed to be the oldest vernacular house in Batanes. Built in 1887, it is the only stone house that was left after a strong earthquake hit the province. The site is a 30-minute drive from Tukon.
- Honesty Coffee Shop – add a unique twist to your Batanes vacation and visit this famous landmark. Even though it has no storekeepers, the shop provides a unique concept where customers pay for the merchandise by simply leaving their payment in a box inside the shop.
- Marlboro Country – known locally as Payaman or pasture area. This site offers a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean. It is a 30-minute drive from Tukon.
- Valugan Bay – a boulder beach found in the south of Basco.
- Sabtang Island – a picturesque island that is only 30 minutes away from Batan Island using the fatuwa boat.
The lighthouses in Basco, Mahatao, and Sabtang Island are also accessible from Fundacion Pacita in Batanes.