Brgy. Chanarian, Tukon
Basco, Batanes 3900
Fundacion Pacita Batanes Nature Lodge’s location is a 15-minute drive from Basco Airport in the city proper. Sitting atop lush hills, our Batanes hotel gives a resort feel, lending a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean, the West Philippine Sea, and Batanes’ famous landscape. Tukon, the town where the accommodation is found, also houses the Basco Radar Station, the northernmost weather facility in the Philippines.
Basco is the capital of Batanes, the smallest province in the country. Because of its size (219 sq km of many islands) and geography (its location is highly prone to storms), Batanes gives some of the best panoramas and heritage structures in the country.
Places of interest near our Batanes hotel include:
- Yaru Nu Artes Ivatan – a cooperative art gallery located at the heart of Basco. It is a 15-minute drive from Tukon.
- San Carlos Borromeo Church – located in Mahatao, this church is listed as a National Cultural Treasure by the National Commission on Culture and the Arts (NCCA) because of its cultural significance and architecture. It was built during the 19th century. Near the church is the oldest and smallest lighthouse in Basco.
- House of Dakay – found in the town of Ivana, it is believed to be the oldest vernacular house in Batanes. Built in 1887, it is the only stone house that was left after a strong earthquake hit the province. The site is a 30-minute drive from Tukon.
- Honesty Coffee Shop – add a unique twist to your Batanes vacation and visit this famous landmark. This shop has a unique concept, as it has no storekeepers, and customers pay for the merchandise by simply leaving their payment in a box inside the shop.
- Marlboro Country – known locally as Payaman or pasture area, this site offers a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean. It is a 30-minute drive from Tukon.
- Valugan Bay – a boulder beach found in the south of Basco
- Sabtang Island – a picturesque island 30 minutes away by fatuwa (boat) from Batan Island
The lighthouses in Basco, Mahatao, and Sabtang Island are also accessible from Fundacion Pacita Batanes Nature Lodge’s location.